By Emma Jane Muir
---- — • Two cases were disposed of in the circuit court last Tuesday by Judge Mayne. Lee Cole was granted a divorce from Elizabeth Cole. The complainant was forbidden to remarry within three months and the defendant within six months. In the case of the Loveland and Hinyan Co. vs. W. E. Kingsbury, a motion to quash was granted.
• The W. C. T. U. of Bendon will meet Friday afternoon with Mrs. Lucy Baldwin. There will be election of officers and other business. All members are requested to be present and visitors are cordially invited. There will be a five o'clock supper served in honor of the new officers.
• There will be a vacation of two weeks from school in Almira to dig potatoes. The teacher, Miss Burlingham, will go to her home in Nessen City.
• Advice on deportment. If you are conversing with people who know less than you, do not lead the conversation where they cannot follow.
• Medical advice of a century ago. To treat gastric disorders, lie down and rest after each meal.
• Best buy of the week. Nobbiest Line of Children's Hoods and Caps Seen in the City, 25 cents to $2.60 at J. W. Milliken.