- The Civil War Home Page: www.civil-war.net
- Civil War Trust (Information, timeline, lesson plans): www.civilwar.org/150th-anniversary/the-gathering-storm.html
- Smithsonian Institution Civil War Timeline: www.civilwar.si.edu/timeline.html
- Grand Army of the Republic records online, Department of Michigan Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War: www.suvcwmi.org/gar/data.html
- Department of Michigan Graves Registration Database: www.suvcwmi.org/graves/search.php
- Michigan in the Civil War 1861-1861 by Don Harvey: www.michiganinthewar.org/cwmireg.htm
- 1st Michigan Sharp Shooters Co. K Roster, Native Americans in Michigan: www.mfhn.com/Native
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System searchable index (includes Andersonville and Fort McHenry prison links): www.civilwar.nps.gov/cwss
- Grand Traverse area soldiers/MichGenWeb Grand Traverse: http://grandtraverseregion.com/grandtraverse/gar-oldsoldiers.htm
- "From Cotton to T-Shirts: The Role of Cotton in the Civil War," ooshirts: http://www.ooshirts.com/guides/From-Cotton-to-T-Shirts:-The-Role-of-Cotton-in-the-Civil-War.html
Info on May 13 historical photo
Historical photo information, provided by readers, for the May 13 image:Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 05/20/2013
Marriage licenses were issued today to William J. Smith and Alta E. Wells, both of Traverse City; Will M. Russell and Lola May McCombs, both of Buckley, R.F.D. No. 1.Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 05/13/2013
The fire department was called out this morning for a bad chimney fire at the home of John Nesbitt, 418 West Seventh Street. No damage was done.Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 05/06/2013
Commissioner form of government is now a reality in Traverse City, the new administration having taken hold of city affairs last evening.Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 04/29/2013
The residence at 841 Washington Street, which was damaged by fire Saturday night, was owned by Mrs. Martha Douglass, who occupied the house.Continued ...
News From ... 100 Years Ago: 04/22/2013
Grayling will be the official site of the Michigan National Guard Encampment. The Bill providing for this has passed both branches of the legislature and is up for the Governor for his signature. That it will be signed is certain in view of his spContinued ...
Readers identify folks in April 15 historical photo
Historical photo information, provided by readers, for the April 15 image: n Mr. and Mrs. Ed and Minnetta Zobel, and their two sons, Edgar on the left and Arno on the right. The photo was probably taken in 1940 about the year Edgar graduated from TrContinued ...
Readers provide info on historical photo
Historical photo information, provided by readers, for the March 25 image:Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 04/15/2013
A pretty wedding was solemnized at the Isadore parsonage yesterday morning when Miss Mary Bartunek and Jos. E. Athinson were married by Father Beryak.Continued ...
Historical Photo of the Week: 04/08/2013
Can any readers identify the people in this photo?Continued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 04/08/2013
Walter Greilick, Sheriff of Leelanau County, left today for Grand Rapids, where he will be for a short time on business.Continued ...
- Historical Photo of the Week: 04/01/2013
- News From ... 100 Years Ago: 04/01/2013
News from 100 Years Ago: 03/18/2013
HEARING ADJOURNED: The hearing in the probate court of evidence in the case of Mayor W. D. C. Germaine, for the alleged receiving of a sum of money from Louis Sleder, a saloon keeper on the west side, was re-convened at two o'clock this afternoon. PrContinued ...
News from 100 Years Ago: 03/11/2013
WHOLE NATION IS AROUSED: Congress, flooded with petitions for wage law, will be given attention. Questions will be taken at one regular session. Mayor Gayner believes that low wages are chief cause of girls and women taking to the streets. MEMBERS OFContinued ...
- Info on May 13 historical photo