---- — Miss Hazel Mason returned yesterday from Detroit, where she has been visiting for the last two weeks. She was accompanied by Miss D'Anjour, who will visit with Miss Mason for a few days before returning to her home in Boyne City.
One year ago today, it was eight above zero at eight in the morning and just zero at eight in the evening. This morning, at six, it was twenty above.
The Covenant Circle of the First Congregational Church will meet at the home of Miss Pearl Wilhelm, 115 East Eighth Street, this evening at 7:30.
The Victoria at the Boardman Avenue School was the only thing that was saved from the fire and this was through the persistent efforts of Harold Brown, who would not be refused and he actually forced the firemen to let him into the building to save this instrument. Mr. Mishler, the Principal, who was there at the time was greatly aided by this heroic young man, as the other part of the building was a mass of flames.
Harold Chillian, who has been visiting with relatives near Grand Rapids for several days, returned home here today.
NOTICE TO PUPILS: The grade pupils of the Central building will begin school at 8 o'clock, but will not have afternoon session. The pupils of Boardman Avenue building will report at the building at 1 p.m. for half session. This plan will be carried out until further notice.
BOARDMAN AVENUE SCHOOL IN RUINS: It is estimated that the structure will have to be built almost entirely new, as it is very doubtful whether or not the brick walls which are standing will be found safe.
Austrian Doctors Have Made Important Discovery: "Napkins" in restaurants and hotels and even in private homes are found to be a dangerous medium for the spread of disease is the discovery announced by Doctors Langlois and Sartory. In the microscopic examinations by the two bacteriologists, they found among other disease germs, numerous napkins from hotels and restaurants with pneumonia bacilli on them.
Mrs. John Guger, well-known Kingsley woman, passed away after a long illness on Feb. 11 suffering from chronic liver trouble. She leaves a husband, four children, one son at Grant and one at Buckley, while the other two are at home. Had she lived through this year she would have been 60 years old. She has many friends who mourn her death and her personality will be greatly missed in the neighborhood.
This column and history photo are provided by the History Center of Traverse City.